Judge Geer in the Community
- Hopeline, Inc
- Past Member, Board of Community Advisors
- N.C. Guardian ad Litem Program
- Appellate consultant without compensation for appeals on behalf of abused and neglected children.
- North Carolina Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Providing free legal services to people who could not otherwise obtain legal assistance
- North Carolina Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section's Non-Profit Project
- Providing free employment law advice to non-profit organizations
Judge Geer also regularly teaches seminars for judges and attorneys, without compensation, in the areas of trial and appellate practice, ethics, employment law, constitutional law and civil liberties, and workers' compensation.